Posted by: Kate | 2008/08/11

I love eating guavas when they are in season.

After lunch I usually crave sweet things and to combat this problem I have started eating two guavas after lunch.

I would just like to know how many kilojoules is in one guava and if it would cause me to gain weight seeing that I am on a low fat diet and already eat an apple, a banana and vegetables every day.

Dear Kate
Guavas are excellent fruit being very rich in vitamin C and dietary fibre. According to the SA Food Tables, 100g of raw guava contains 211 kJ. If you weigh the guavas you eat you can calculate their energy content, but it should not be excessive.
Good luck with your diet

Posted by: Zexeon | 2008/08/11

Maybe you could go to fitnessdoc and see under burn -o- cal or something and 5-6 fruit and veggies a day are recommended, so enjoy.

Reply to Zexeon