Question
Posted by: Flossie | 2004/10/12

Growths on anus

Ever since I can remeber I hace a 'bubble' of skin just above the opening of my anus. Recently this 'bubble' has grown is size and upon my own investigation I see that the growth has extended into my anus, should I be worried about this? It is not painful and the only discomfort I have is some slight bleeding after a bowl movement.

Flossie, it sounds like a haemorrhoid, but I can’t guarantee it without being able to examine you. The best would be to let your doctor take a look and make sure, because it might be something more serious. Good luck.