Posted by: julia | 2005/12/13

growths around my partners penis area

My partner and I have been together for 2 years. recently i have noticed 2 small warts growing on his penis. Is this a sign of possible STD's or can warts appear around these area because of a skin infection, liking having a wart growing on your toe? Should i be concerned and can i also contract these growths around my vagina since we dont use condems

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Genital warts are usually caused by the HPV virus. While this is often sexually transmitted, the virus can be dormant for many years before presenting any symptoms. If your partner carries HPV, you could get it, so have this checked out.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: JA | 2005/12/13

Yes most definately have him checked out and in the meantime please use condoms. HPV or warts are extremely catchy!

Reply to JA

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.