Question
Posted by: CyberGeek | 2004/11/15

Growth on skull

A few months ago I noticed something protruding from my skull, under the skin at the back of my head. It is getting larger all the time although at a slow rate. It isn't a boil or something like that but feels slightly spongy and can't move much. It is not painful unless I press on it.

What is it likely to be? Would it require removal by surgery?

CyberGeek, it sounds like a lipoma from this side of the screen, but I can’t guarantee it. The best would be to see your doctor and probably to have it removed as a lipoma will only keep on getting bigger. Good luck.