Question
Posted by: Bron | 2004/12/17

Growth of baby

Hi, I am 11 weeks preganant and went for a check-up last week. While ahving the scan done and measuring the body, the head size indicated I was 12 weeks and then the body 11 weeks and then I was actually only 10 weeks. Is this anything for concern with the head being bigger thatn normail for that stage ikn their growth?

This is normal. Ultrasounds are only accurate within a few days.

2
Posted by: E | 2004/12/20

Don't be to concerned. My baby's head also showed two weeks bigger. It also seemed that she would be around 3,3kg at birth, but was in fact 2,6Kg at birth. You will see that the calculations differs from scan to scan. The gynae will pick up if there is any reason for concern.

Reply to E
Posted by: Angie2 | 2004/12/18

hi there

i'm sure it's nothing to be
concerned about.All babies grow differently in utero.I was 36 weeks preg and the scan showed head size 38weeks and body 36 weeks.My baby is 1 month old and is perfectly normal.

keep well

Reply to Angie2