Question
Posted by: Twitchy | 2007/12/07

Growth behind my ear

Hi there,

I discovered about 2 nights ago that I have this little ball growing underneath my skin just behind my ear. I asked the other day about my eye twitching as well. Do the two have any relation to each other or would it just be a gland that's swollen?

Thank you and regards,
Twitchy

Dear Twitchy

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

There will be no relation between your eye twitching and the growth behind your ear. You should however, consult your GP, in order for him/her to examine this growth, to exclude any pathological reason for it. It is possible that it is a cyst that is forming due to a blocked gland and this can require surgical removal.

Kind regards