Question
Posted by: Concern | 2008/06/02

Growth

I don't know wether this is a silly question or not, but here goes. My son was born at 28 weeks, making him 12 weeks premature. He is 4years and 6months old and his penis has stayed the same size since birth and not grown an inch. At three years of age we thought that he will eventually start growing however nothing has happened since birth. Is there possibly anything that can be preventing growth or is he just unlucky. One of the reasons for my concern is the fact that his dad is not small down there. Please advise if there is anything that we can do for him or is that just his faith!

Thanking you in advance

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Concern
Not a silly question. The penis should have grown by now. Best would be to visit your pediatrician to determine whether there is any obstruction or reason for not growing. Please let us know when you heard from your doctor. Regards Welma