Question
Posted by: Elias | 2003/12/22

Groin Muscle Injury

I had a groin/abdominal muscle train that was excacebated by playing soccer recently, and am now finding it difficult to run fast. How easy is it to treat a groin strain, how is treated and how long does it typically take to heal effectively? Should I be taking anti-imflamitaries?

Would the treatment stop me from running on a regular basis?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Elias
Groin strains varie in intensity, but are usually fairly easy to get treated. You would be put onto a program to get you back into your running. The time frame is really up to how serious it is.
Anti-inflamatories are only going to assist you in the first 48 hours of doing the injury - after that they end up slowing down the healing process and weakening the resulting structures.
Douglas