Question
Posted by: Kajal | 2007/12/07

Grinding noise in head

Dear doctor

I am a positive person but lately I have been feeling anxious and scared that something might be wrong with me. I have been getting this strange burning sensation on my forehead above my right eye by the hairline. Not all the time say once every 2nd week. Also I hear a strange noise in my head like my skull in grinding against something and it is scary. I do not have any headaches or pain. I do however sometimes have this feelng that I cannot open my mouth too wide or the side of my jaws gives me a grinding sound as well. I am very concerned about the sound in my head as I feel that I might be suffering from some brain disease. Hope you can help me. Thank you !

Dear Kajal

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

This is not a common symptom and I am unable to advise what causes the grinding sound in your head. The grinding sound of your jaws when you open your mouth, might be from Arthritis in your jaw. I strongly suggest that you consult a GP, in order to be examined and maybe request a CT scan of your brain/head.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Cathy | 2007/12/08

I found this quite fascinating and happen to come across the following information on the internet. Burning sensations usually has something to do with infections. Doctor do you think that this gringding noise could be a course of an infection. Also what is Encephalitis. is it incurable ?

Reply to Cathy