Posted by: Just me | 2008/07/01

Grief counselling

Hi CS and everyone,

Last week I unexpectedly lost a very young and close family member. I'm still in shock and cannot imagine life without him. What makes it worse is the manner in which he died (he was brutally murdered), and the fact that he was only 18. I had so many dreams and hopes for him, and I loved him dearly.
I don't know how to cope with his death and someone has suggested I speak to a grief cousilor. Can you recommend someone in the Jhb area?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

My sincere condolences, JM -- would that such tragedies were rarer. YOu know, JM, I can't reccoment specific counsellors or shrinks. As you know, I am very familiar with grief just now. FAMSA may be able to recommend counsellors with that specific skill, as could your local hospice, maybe CANSA. ANy death is shocking, but maybe especially so when the person is young and the death was violent. Seeking counselling is a good idea. Keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.