Question
Posted by: Anthea | 2004/10/23

GREEN TEA AND PREGNANCY?

Can I drink Green Tea when pregnant? I am used to drinking loads a day, and am 4 weeks pregnant so, not sure if I can. Haven't had for a while, though

Please advise

Green tea is fine. Everything should be taken in moderation though.

2
Posted by: Kate | 2004/10/25

I does contain caffiene so it should be avoided.

I started drinking Five Roses Caffiene Free which tastes just like normal tea. I got so sick of drinking rooibos!!

I felt that it was most important to aviod caffiene in the first 12 weeks as this is when the baby is most vulnerable and developing the most.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Sweetypie | 2004/10/24

I am currently 22weeks pregnant and was also use to drinking loads of greentea before i fell pregnat.Although herbal teas are recommende for nausea and morning sickness i opt to stop with the greentea for now although i sometimes have a cup but not more than three cups per week,as greentea also contains caffeine.Hope this helps will aslo like to hear gynae doc' sview

Reply to Sweetypie