Posted by: pops | 2008/10/22

green tea and ginger

How true is it that green tea and ginger water can actuallly help you lose weight, I am watching what I eat and I dont eat a lot of stach food like patato,rise or pap, I supplement these with bread, some days normal bread some days, health bread or 100% bread, will this help but most importantly will the green tea and ginger contribute?

Dear Pops
There is some scientific evidence that green tea can assist with weightloss. I have not yet read results of studies regarding ginger water's effect on weightloss, so cannot give an opinion. Cutting out carbs which have a low energy content of only 16 kJ per gram, is not really an efficient way to lose weight. Rather cut down on fat intake because each gram of fat contains 37 kJ - vastly more than carbs. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss’ site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site.