Question
Posted by: Rush | 2008/01/20

green tea?

Hi. Are the benefits of chinese green tea real? ive read a lot about it on the internet. Not sure what is true!!!
Can you drink too much green tea? I know it has caffiene in, but I like to drink it with 2 bags to get more flavour !!
Will this cause a problem. I drink about 3 cups a day with 2 bags in
Your thoughts and comments will be greatly appreciated

Dear Rush
Green tea has been used for centuries in countries like China to treat a variety of conditions. If you use it in moderation you may find that it does provide benefits, but any products, including herbal infusions, when used in excess can cause problems. For example, the caffeine in green and other teas can act as a stimulant causing palpitations, insomnia, anxiety, tremors, etc. The weight loss effect associated with some of the compounds found in green tea seem to be plausible and you can now buy pharmaceutical products that contain green tea extract to promote slimming.
So use green tea and everything else in life in moderation.