Question
Posted by: lady | 2007/04/18

green tea

hi,

does green tea help you to detox? ive got problems with my colon,will it help. and does it have any effect on weight loss?

Dear Lady
Green tea is rich in antioxidants which help to protect us against certain degenerative diseases, such as heart disease and some types of cancer. It also has a potential role to play in weight loss and may have anti-inflammatory functions. However, I have not read any scientific papers about its use as a detox agent esp for the colon. You can certainly try green tea to see if it provides benefits for the colon, but if you have colon problems click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices and what to eat to keep your colon healthy.