Question
Posted by: suuny | 2004/11/15

green tea

I would like to know what the benefits of green tea are. I have been told that it is an excellent weight loss supplement.

Dear Suuny
Green tea has many benefits, but I have not yet heard that it helps with weight loss. Green tea is used for inflammatory conditions (arthritis), and because it is rich in polyphenols which protect the body against free radicals. It can, therefore, protect against certain cancers and heart disease and some recent research also indicates that it may be protective against Alzheimer's disease. It may well help you with your diet, but I don't know of any studies that have shown this.