Question
Posted by: Pre | 2005/11/25

Green Phlegm?<br>

For the past 3 days I have had an irritable throat that often catches while I talk. I do not feel like the flu is coming on but I have been coughing up green plegm in the mornings. Why is this?

Pre, it might be a sign of an infection and the best would be to see your doctor and make sure. Good luck.

1
Posted by: Sunshine | 2005/11/25

Hallo Pre,

I don't know what your situation is (if you smoke or not), but all I can add is my experience.

I am a severe brittle asthmatic. I get hospitilased freuqently. I know when there is something wrong, when the specialist ALWAYS asks me what the colour of the phlegm is. If it's white, then your still ok. When it has a yellowish colour, then you have an infection. When it's green, then you are in need of treatment which will most probably include anti-biotics.

As I said, I'm only talking about MY experiences that I have had. Maybe I am way off the mark.

Good luck.
Sunshine.

Reply to Sunshine