Question
Posted by: anxious | 2006/11/04

GREEN MUCOUS

CD

I am still getting green mucous coming out of my nose. Isn't this sign of infection problem? Should I be worried? Its not a great deal but noticeable. Otherwise all seems to be ok, still battling to get used to the remarkable difference! My ENT appointment is only 15 Nov - I stopped taking Lentogesic - my GP said I was taking too many - I phoned him in desparation on Thurs evening because I had such a dizzy head and felt so nauseous. He said I must stop taking the Lentogesic as that was probably causing my dizziness and take 1 Stemetil (which I did) and since doing that I have been fine. I find Stemetil works very well for me (I didn't know it helps with dizziness).

It is still a bit sore - but its clearly getting better.

Thanks for answering all my questions - keep up the sterling work!

PS I know one obviously has to go for post-op visits but what possible problems would my ENT be looking for?

Dear Anxious
If the mucous is green just increase your saline nose rinses to 3-4 times per day - it could be that it is not draining properly because the phlegm is too thick. The ENT will be looking for infections, whether the final result is what he wanted, whether there is any swelling left etc. Infection will give you pain, fever and yellow bloody discharge.

2
Posted by: CD again | 2006/11/04

Hi Anxious

The serrated blade is probably the blade of the electrical saw they used to cut the bone away.
Don't bargain on the free follow-up visit....

Reply to CD again
Posted by: anxious | 2006/11/04

CD

Heaven only knows what I got in theatre - my Morningside Clinic bill alone came to R9698.63! It seems over R8000 was for theatre charges - R4426.50 for theatre time and R3020.30 for theatre drugs! Crazy! Do u know what a "Blade serrated 2,9mm S/U" is? This charge alone was R2235.09 -theatre drugs! I will be interested to see if my ENT charges me for my follow-up visit - for just under R7000 I would expect I should get a free follow-up visit! My urologist didn't charge me for my kidney op follow-up visit!

Reply to anxious