Question
Posted by: Belinda B | 2007/04/26

Green discharge

I have had a green slimy discharge for 2 years now but only first thing in the morning. I have been to gynaes while I have had this and all appears strangely normal. It's like ovulation discharge, but is mixed with normal white and appears only in the morning. The rest of the day is clear. It gets worse towards my period. Please let me know what could be the problem?

Dear Belinda
The green colour of slime is caused by a mixture of different bacteria - if they could find no clear infection, you may just have bacterial vaginosis - where the bacterial load of the vagina is higher than normal. Try to use betadine douche twice a day for 10 days and see if the problem persists? ( I suppose they did exclude things like fistula, ulcers or abcesses in the pelvis too?)