Question
Posted by: Jason | 2006/08/01

GREAT ADVISE EXPERT!

Dear... "Expert"?

This is a followup on a previous posting. "o, my god...he is ugly" on 30/07/'06.

I'm very dissapointed in the advice and comments that most people made and I kind of expected more insight from the expert's side.

I was just simply trying to raise a topic which, I think, is a very serious topic to guys who find it hard to find a boyfriend becuase of the fact that they are ugly.

I'm not stupid. I know that everyone is beautiful in their own way. I was simply emphasizing on the gay scene and the effect it could have on a person. lonleyness, depression etc. I dont consider myself to be a hot guy. but not ugly either. This is the case for MOST gay guys...so I guess there is NO advise for people who dont live up2 the gay scene standards?

we, as human beings, will always judge a book by it's covers (even if we try not to, we still do it instinctivley) and please dont tell me that this isnt true.

I'm not talking about the avarege Joe here. Im talking about guys that are really not attractive (and not by choice) and seeing that this is a gay forum I would like to thank all you air-headed people out there who can't understand the concept.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi again Jason and thanks for the feedback.

5
Posted by: meme | 2006/08/05

uncalled for??? I aggree with Jason's statement dont pull down his doubts face it if you really think it was uncalled for why then reply??? just a Queastion?

MEME

Reply to meme
Posted by: Steve | 2006/08/01

What did you expect? Expert reponded to what you wrote. Your sarcastic comment now is uncalled for.

Reply to Steve
Posted by: Deeve | 2006/08/01

Hey jason,
Maybe you just came over differently to what you thought you had typed. Boyboy has things in a nutshell on how we interpreted your posting. Lets face it, we all find some people terribly unattractive, be it in looks or character, but our arguement is that this is not necessarily 'Ugly'. You often see a gorgeous female with a very average looking Guy - Why....?
Unfortunately the Gay world is swamped with prissy, full of themselves, pretentious numbers, who think the world owes them a favour. Thats why you got the replies that you did. No, we also aren't into overweight slobs either. What most Guys want, is someone that is attractive in 'their' eyes, who rocks their world, and makes the chemistry go wild!! What you think is gorgeous, I may think is disgusting - who knows.
Last thought..... the very attractive numbers, be they male or female, are terribly difficult to date as they are generally always the centre of attention. Like trying to keep up with the Jones's - too much like hard work!

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: Pumpkin Eater | 2006/08/01

Ok, so I held my tongue until now.....

I think I'm shallow. Hell I think I can be the shallowest person on the face of the planet when I choose to be. Just ask the old guy hitting on us last night. Anyway.
I understand what jason is trying so desperately to convey and do agree with boyboy on the "there ain't no uglies" policy. But are we only talking looks? I have to admit though, attraction is just that - attraction. Why do we get attracted to some and not to others? Well cos we find some "more" beautiful than others. Then there are car-wrecks that just don't appeal to us. Gay, straight or alien, we have all mocked the tasteless. Wether it was personality or looks or just a hint of way too much cologne, we've decided that this one isn't for us. Its not that they are ugly, we just judged them "not my taste" (safer than using Ugly).

I think Jason has a point though. The clubbing or bar scene is for all intent and purposes a meat market. Alot of the times we go out, one is all up for scrutiny. Its not that people are malicious in their ways, but its like going to a hook up, you window shop all the nicely polished cars and long to take one or two for a quick ride.
We cannot deny this fact.

In conclusion I don't think anyone should think they are ugly, but accepting that you're not standard hot-stuff is a difficult road aswell.

JASON: "...so I guess there is NO advise for people who dont live up2 the gay scene standards?" - who cares about living up to standards? I break fashion and lifestyle rules every day and feel that my antiestablishmenttarianism makes me stand out in a crowd of sheep.

The only thing ugly was the 70's.

babble, babble, babble.....

Reply to Pumpkin Eater
Posted by: boyboy | 2006/08/01

Jason... I think you missed the point that most balanced, thinking gay guys do not believe in the concept of "ugly" (your argument is something you've constructed and is entirely in your head as there is no way to judge what is "ugly" and what is not.) - at the end of the day we're all amazing, unique biomechanical machines imbued with personality and all the rest... there can be no ugly in that - just diversity and variance.

Reply to boyboy