Question
Posted by: liz | 2007/06/20

greasy patches in hair

Do you have any advice. I suddenly, in the last 3 weeks, developed very greasy patches in my hair especially right ontop of my head. I can wash my hair as often as I like and it will stay greasy. If you touch the area, it actually makes your hands all slimy and sticky. Yet the rest of my hair is still the same as it was. I have always had dry hair

Dear Liz
This may be a skin condition called seborrhoeic dermatitis - let your GP have a look - it helps to wash with antifungal shampoo and put on Betnovate scalp lotion but you will need a prescription.