Question
Posted by: KITTY | 2007/08/07

Granola Bars

Hi there.

I am currently on a diet that really works, and I exersice my butt off. I am just curios if I can eat Granola Bars as a snack between meals. I like them very much. I just eat one a day. Is that fine? or should I stay away??

Kit

Dear Kitty
As you are working hard to lose weight, you need to check on the label of the Granola Bar (I don't have the exact nutritive breakdown), to see if it contains more than 3g of fat and 10g of sugar per 100g. If it does, then it could be too high in energy. Also check the energy content per bar - if it is more than 1050 kJ then the bar could well counteract your attempts to lose weight. However, if you are doing 60 min of aerobic exercise a day then you can use these bars as a source of energy before exercise.
Enjoy

1
Posted by: KITTY | 2007/08/07

I also would like to know, what happens when you drink too much water and you get a so-calle electrolyte imballance??
Just out of curiosity??

Kit

Reply to KITTY