Question
Posted by: sandy | 2004/03/02

grade 10 subjects for a vet

What subjects does a girl need to become a vet, marine biologist or anything else to do with animals? Where does a person study further after matric for this? Thank you.

To become a vet, you can only stately at the University of Pretoria, at the veterinary faculty at Onderstepoort. The requirements and the entire course was recently changed dramatically, and entrance requirements may have changed as well. It is very very important that the right subjects are followed during the last few years of school, so check with them directly. Phone the faculty secretary at 021 529-8000 and get the correct details and relative information from them.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

2
Posted by: chill | 2004/03/02

Check out the response to Question 741 for more info

Reply to chill
Posted by: Davina | 2004/03/02

Dear Sandy,

Biology, maths and Science and as far as I know Onderstepoort is the only veterinary University. I do however stand to be corrected and perhaps doc can verify this for us both, when he returns on the 8th.
Good Luck and regards
Davina

Reply to Davina