Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2007/11/29

Gr1 / Gr 2

My son finished Gr. 1 with good points but is 1 year to young. After a school meeting last night we heard that there is going to be 2 combined classes next year. (Gr R & Gr 1) and (Gr 2 & Gr 3). I wanted him to stay in gr.1 but now it's very complicated. Should I move him to Gr 2 and then just repeat Gr 2. It would be unfair to put him in a Gr R combined class I think. I DON'T KNOW! PLEASE ADVICE!!

Not within my area of expertise, but surely some other parents could have useful advice here.

2
Posted by: Lolo | 2007/11/29

Mitchell im not being root but remember last time what we said to u about that, i know as a parent we always want to decide for our children but whatever u decide think of that kid as well put yourself in that position, when my mother decided for me to repead (Sub A) Grade 1 long ago she did not think of me she just thought i was too young but that caused damage in me, and i worked harder than i used to to prove to her that i can.

Reply to Lolo
Posted by: Hope* | 2007/11/29

If he can handle the older class emotionally, I dont see why he should be held back as he is obviously capable.

Reply to Hope*