Posted by: Lisa | 2011/08/24

GP or Optometrist

My Teen is suffering with a pain in her eye. This has been going on for a while. It was painful at first only when she was reading but now even if she is not reading it hurts. She has not injured the eye, no discharge or redness or swelling. Her last eye test was about 4yrs ago. She says she doesn''t have any blurred vision. Should I take her to a GP or optometrist. Not on a medical aid.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


A painful eye should be investigated. Forunately, there are no immediate symptoms of concern, like a painful red eye with visual disturbance. There must be a reason for her complaint of pain in her eye and it should be addressed by consulting an opthalmologist.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.