Posted by: jay | 2008/09/03

does indian food like currys,graves and tomatoes result in gout? and wat indain food shoud i stay away from if i have gout

Dear Jay
Generally speaking anyone with gout needs to avoid a buildup of uric acid in the body. Excessive uric acid buildup is caused by a disorder in the metabolism of so-called "purines", which are compounds that occur in high quantities in red meat, organ meats (brains, liver, kidneys, sweetbreads), anchovies, meat extracts, broth, bouillon, and gravies made from meat drippings, sardines, herrings, mackerel, mussels, partridge, fish roes, baker's and brewer's yeast taken as supplements. Beans, pulses, spinach, asparagus and mushrooms have a moderate purine content and can be eaten in moderate quantities. Other vegetables and fruits have a negligible purine content and can be eaten freely. Alcohol and rich, fatty foods also exacerbate gout. Both the gout and raised cholesterol levels may also respond to an increase in the intake of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon oil capsules are a good source of omega-3. In regard to Indian food, curry and spices should not aggravate gout, but using fatty meat in curries, and making gravies from meat dripping should be avoided. Tomatoes are not likely to make gout worse.

Posted by: abc | 2008/09/04

Hi Jay
I drink de-ionized water (very clean) for my gout.
5 to 10 liters a day till pain stops.
I use it now for about 20 years and it works for me!!
Okay, only when i have pain.

Reply to abc