Question
Posted by: jules | 2003/01/18

GOUT - WHAT SHOULD U EAT AND NOT EAT

HI

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT SHOULD U EAT AND NOT EAT IF U HAVING A PROBLEM WITH
GOUT. WHAT CAN CAN BE USED TO ALLEVIATE THE PROBLEM IF U ARE CURRENTLY SUFFERING FROM GOUT. THIS ADVISE IS FOR A MAN OF SIXTY.

Jules, this is from an article I wrote a while ago. If you’re interested in the rest, mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.
Forbidden food (food not fruit): these contain very large amounts of purine.
Anchovies, Bovril, liver, kidney, pâté, meat extracts and thick gravies.
Foods to avoid: (do not have more than one of these once a week).
Red meat, pork, Shellfish, trout, duck and venison.
Foods best eaten in moderation: (no more than one of these four times a week).
Chicken, ham, mutton, haddock, herring, oysters, salmon, shad, tuna, asparagus, cauliflower, kidney beans, butter bean, mushrooms, spinach, rhubarb, strawberries, whole grain cereals and bread.
The “hey, go bananas, have as much as you like” type foods.
Dairy products, veggies not mentioned above, ditto for the cereals and bread, fruit, eggs, sugar, nuts and caviar (just when you thought you couldn’t have anything nice).