Question
Posted by: Dawid | 2007/04/16

Gout in mussels

Can a person have gout in mussels. I tore ligaments in my elbow which healed. I still suffer from pain in the lower and upper arm when using it. The specialist told me it is gout and put me on medication and three weeks later the pain still persist. Please help

Hallo Dawid
Gout can present in old injuries - did he test your uric acid levels? It could also be due to scar tissue forming causing a "tennis elbow". Going to a physiotherapist may be useful. You can also add an anti-inflammatory like Neurofen to your gout medication?

2
Posted by: Dawid | 2007/04/18

Subject: RE: Gout in mussels
Posted by: Dawid
Message:
My uric acid level was tested, result was 57. Tear was in medial aspect of bicep tendon just below the musculo-tendinous junction. The pain radiate from the fore arm through the joint to the upper arm mussels, there is no pain in the elbow. I can not pull, push or pick up anything , about 1 kg, because it cause severe discomfort and pain
Date: 17/4/2007

Reply to Dawid
Posted by: Dawid | 2007/04/17

Reply to Dawid