Question
Posted by: Ranzi | 2007/08/20

Gout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please help. My husband has gout all year round.He discovered a gout pack from a pharmacy and is using it.I do not want him to use it all the time as it includes prednizone which is dangerous. What can he use to overcome this problem?

Expert ImageArchive

First he needs to go to a Dr and have a blood test to confirm his uric acid is elevated, he then needs to be on tablets (chronic medication) to lower the uric acid as well as seeing a dietitian about a diet to assist in this. certain foods will precipitat gout and he needs to know which foods to avoid.

Getting a pharmacy based treatment pack on an ongoing basis is not right he needs good medical management