Question
Posted by: Capone | 2005/11/28

Gout

I need to know what medicine or tablets can I use to get rid of GOUT that has developed in my heels, Its sore I can't stand for a long time without feeling the pains.

Dear Capone
I am sorry to hear about your gout. As I am the Diet Expert, I think you should ask CyberDoc on this Website which medicines are prescribed for gout. From a dietary point of view you can also do something about this condition. If you have gout, then you need to avoid a buildup of uric acid in the body. Excessive uric acid buildup is caused by a disorder in the metabolism of so-called "purines", which are compounds that occur in high quantities in red meat, organ meats (brains, liver, kidneys, sweetbreads), anchovies, meat extracts, broth, bouillon, and gravies made from meat drippings, sardines, herrings, mackerel, mussels, partridge, fish roes, baker's and brewer's yeast taken as supplements. Beans, pulses, spinach, asparagus and mushrooms have a moderate purine content and can be eaten in moderate quantities. Other vegetables and fruits have a negligible purine content and can be eaten freely. Alcohol and rich, fatty foods also exacerbate the condition.