Question
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/17

Gotcha!!!

We have had a wild cat living in the area since we have been here .... a big black and white Tom , a lovely cat , but full of ticks and of course causing havoc with my crew because he isnt neuterd and for all I know the carrier of this bug im having a problem with.

Every night he sneaks into the kitchen through the cat flap for supper ... tonight we were waiting ... we confined all our cats put food on the counter and waited ... clang clang clang ...... hubs tippytoed out of the front door to the back door and shut the flap ....

after some marathon athletics on our part we got him into the spare room where he can get some weight on him and settle down a bit just in time for a trip to the vet next week. he can be dewormed , de everything and most of deknackered ... his loving days are over ..poor boy ..... he is really pretty tho.

So now he has a bowl full of lucky pet , some IAMS clean water and a bed ..:)

Well done!

6
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/06/20

Good Luck tonight with the capture, tame and love programme :-)

Reply to Natasha
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/20

he was back in the kitchen last night so evidently food is more imporatnt than capture .. we werent prepared tho so tonite ill batten down the hatches .. hhehehhe

Reply to Carol
Posted by: KAZ | 2007/06/19

Sorry about the cat that got away. I hope he comes back again and isn't wised up to the fact that you might catch him again.

You will see on my latest imput on the forum about the rescued kitten. My side of the building overlooks a tavern and You should have seen how athletic I got in going to the tavern to retreive this kitten. The poor thing was on the verge of strangulations from the way this guy was holding onto this kitten. I forgot my camera today so tomorrow I will send those that on my e-mail the only two pics I have of Purdy that is the name that my tenant has given it. She took from me so I'm glad to see it grow and hope the tenant stays another 6 months after November so I can see get to year old.

Anyway good luck in catching Freeway again. The little blighter is clever to open the windows. Bostick learnt from Scruff how to paw at the door that leads them the bedroom which always has an open window. Both now paw at the door in turns until the door suddenly opens. I think we need to change our doors in our house because they all don't close properly hence the will power of my two brats and the door slips open and they can get out. I've watched them doing it and then they look at me as though I'm the daft one and they have this innocent look on their faces.

The life of cats. Oh I need to get this one thing from People magazine, it is all about a dog.

Reply to KAZ
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/18

Well this blasted cat ( I called him freeway) has decided he doesnt like our hospitality and opened a window and went back to tomcatting!!!!!

So Ill leave him for a few weeks and try again .. I dont think he knows how persistant I can be !!

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Kate | 2007/06/18

Oh Carol you really keep busy don't you.
Ta for the pics, I got all teary but I can see they have settled nicely.
Poor Lady Bug.
I will rack my brain today and ask around to see if I can come up with any ideas.

Please tell Miki I consider her slobber a spray of love :).

Give them all hugs and kisses from me.

Reply to Kate
Posted by: SUN | 2007/06/18

That is great! He will probably end up being the biggest softy in the neighbourhood! Keep us posted as to how he settles into his new home!!

Reply to SUN