Question
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/19

Got my results back - help

My Gynae called me with the test results, she says there is no infection what so ever, and says she will have to do more tests - costing in the region of R650.00 each, thats before the consultation. As you know, no med aid, she suggested the Urology dept at Joburg Gen. She says they are going to have to test for all sorts of rare things. Now I am scared, has anyone been to Joburg Gen?

Please remind me what the problem is and what tests you have had done.

1
Posted by: Kyla | 2004/11/22

Hi Doc,

thank u for the reply. I went for a pap smear, which she said came out fine, the I had a urine test done to check for a bladder infection. My GP had done a dip test and given me anti biotics - they didnt work so he gave me more, which helped but didnt clear it up. When the Gynae got the urine test back, she says that it is definitly not a bladder infection, and refered me t a urologist. The whole thing cost R800.00! She says that we must start checking for rarer things, and suggested I go to Joburg Gen's Irology dept. Incidently, its now the 22nd and still no period. Would a preg have shown up in any of the tests the doc did?

Reply to Kyla