Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/05/31

Got my fighting spirit back

Together with the money from the sale of my one property. So I paid my custody lawyer her deposit - and I almost fell on my back because she has already been working on my case without me even paying her a cent until now. So she can't find any high-court order giving custody to my ex-husband, which means that the custody arrangement was just an agreement not endorsed by the high court. This could be good or bad. Bad if the court thinks that I sent them to live with their father while I could give them a better life than he could. Good if the court listens to my arguments and proof that I only did what was best for the children at the time. Also good, because it wasn't an official court order, so there are no other court orders to overturn.

Then I called xh. I shouldn't have. I just wanted to find out whether his bond in Margate had been approved - and yes it has. Then he wanted to know whether I was going to sue for custody - I tried to dodge the question, but I'm no good at lying and I said yes. Since he now knows, I also asked him to let me know who his lawyer will be so that we can fight the case through the lawyers. I don't want to fight him. Somehow I always end up discouraged and even though I stood up for my rights and didn't give in - he walks away thinking that he won the battle. I'll win the war. Since he hasn't asked directly what my arguments are, I am however misleading him into thinking that its only because he's moving to Margate and my children will be too far away.

Today I must still hurry up the lawyers handling the transfer of my new house so that I can move in quicker. My mom already has to move today - so she's moving into my flat for now. It'll be cramped for her - since my workroom is now her bedroom, but hopefully we'll move into the house quickly.

To the regulars - I know that there will now follow a flurry of asinine comments from the uhms and the ahs, but they've been receiving far too much attention lately and I hope that nobody else will give them attention they don't deserve.

Hope all the property transactions work out speedily, and at least this new discovery suggests a worthwhile lawyer ( a rare species !) and some stronger possibilities to protect your interests.

7
Posted by: Jackadeejack | 2005/06/01

Borned to skydive... we ppl have something else in our blood I'm sure: The never give up spirit, keep going with guts. Good going Liza!

Reply to Jackadeejack
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/05/31

Ek is baie bly om dit te hoor. Sorg net dat hy nie terggaan op sy woord nie.
Baie sterkte met die nuwe huis en ek hoop jou transaksie gaan gou deur!

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: Liza | 2005/05/31

Jemma - hy kan nie keer dat die kinders by my bly vir die vakansie nie, want dit is deel van die oorspronklike ooreenkoms. Hy kan egter begin 'nasty' word.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Losing It | 2005/05/31

Hey Liza

Great to have you back on the forum, looks like things are going your way at last. Holding thumbs that you get your children with out too much ado with your ex.
Best wishes and stay strong.

Reply to Losing It
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/05/31

Goed om weer van jou te hoor. Ek weet dis gedane sake maar ek dink dit was 'n fout om hom te laat weet dat jy hom hof toe vat. Nou sal hy dalk nie dat die kinders vir die Julievakanie by jou bly nie. Ek hoop maar alles werk uit maar ek dink jy moet ophou om dinge met hom te bespreek want jy gaan hom dalk kwaad maak en dan gaan jou stryd net soveel swaarder wees.

Sterkte.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: lulu | 2005/05/31

Great! Ek is baie bly vir jou. Hoop alles gaan goed met jou saak om jou kinders terug te kry. Sal styf duim vashou. (o:

Reply to lulu
Posted by: Wazz | 2005/05/31

Good 4 you. I'm a guy myself, so I can feel for the dad when it comes 2 losin custody cos it's kinda like he's losing his kids, Its a pitty dat divorces cant always end nicely. Then again I'm only 20 and speak with no experience.
Good luck thow,cos in the end it's for the best of the children

Reply to Wazz