Question
Posted by: Why | 2007/05/30

Got drunk & regret what I did

Went to an unplanned birthday last night - Lots of tequila shooters - Phoned my boyfriend after 12 on my way home - Said terrible things - I love this man so much - I am 31 he is 42 - Been together just over a year - Told him we must move in together otherwise what is the point of being in a relationship - Accused him of being with another woman - And lots more that I don't remember - Phoned him this morning to apologise & although he says forget you were drunk I am so embarassed & want to sort it out - How where what - Hung over - Feeling bad - One thing I do know is that my behaviour towards him is well dodgy when I am drunk - Sorry is not good enough for him. I asked him exactly what I said & he won't tell me - I was such a b*tch I am sure - I know I am blabbing - I just feel terrible - Thinking about taking flowers to him at this office - HELP

Surely shooters only exist in order to get people more drunk than they expected, more rapidly ? The outcome is pretty predictable. So, don't get drunk again ( with expert help if necessary ) and work on discussing these issues with him --- the drunkenness dropped your guard and your local censor, but what you said probably did indicate themes that are bothering you

5
Posted by: Why | 2007/05/30

Thanks for all the advice .........Took him some roses & a block of eminthala cheese (his favourite) & said right give it to me....he gave me hug.....all good...Phew....will never never never be so pathetic again - Nearly lost the best thing that ever happened to me - Still feel blind though!!

Reply to Why
Posted by: Chelle | 2007/05/30

You said your behaviour towards him is dodgy when you're drunk. It seems like you're asking for help in how to make it right with your boyfriend, but the bigger issue, is that you need to make things right for yourself first. You talk about being drunk as though it is a regular occurrence, and when one person in a relationship isn't always in control of what they're saying there will always be a problem.

The only way forward with any lasting effect, is to stop getting drunk.

Reply to Chelle
Posted by: John | 2007/05/30

Why - You say that you have had more than one incident where you drank too much and lost control of your actions.

This is not good. You need to get help in order to modify your drinking habits. Consider joining the AA and quitting drinking altogether. Excessive drinking, as you do, is really very bad news and, if unattended, is likely to get worse as time goes by.

Get help TODAY.

Reply to John
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2007/05/30

He said forget about it - so forget about it, but make sure it never happens again..he might be fine with it now, but if it's a regular thing he's gonna be majorly turned off by it..you don't want a guy to dump you because you drink too much and get angry when you're drunk do you? No you don't it's embarrasing..maybe do something nice for him, but don't hammer on how awful you feel.

Try to stay away from alcohol otherwise either drink low alcohol beverages..

I there are things on your mind that are bugging you about your relationship, rather think them through and discuss them with him in a civil sober matture manner.. ;)..don't worry too much, we all make silly mistakes..

Reply to Blondie..
Posted by: Buzz | 2007/05/30

You've said you're sorry, there's not much else you can do except for behaving more responsibly in future. People often raise issues they wouldn't normally do, when they're under the influence of alcohol so you could very well have concerns about him with another woman, and the fact that he hasn't asked you to move in with him. If last night was an isolated incident I'm sure you can sort it out but if it's a habit, you're not exactly instilling a feeling of trust into this relationship. Discuss these issues with him when you're sober and in control of yourself.

I hope you weren't driving yourself home.

Reply to Buzz