Question
Posted by: Janine | 2005/07/01

Gossiping work colleagues

There are two woman at work who constantly gossip about everyone in the office. I have never come across anything like it in my life. If the boss calls a staff member into the office, they are the first to phone and ask whats going on. They want to know everything about everyone - even stuff going on in a persons personal life. I really dont know how to deal with these two woman 'cos I actually cannot stand them. They backstab everybody at work. They are so sweet in front of people but behind their backs they are terrible. They find fault with everyone. Why do they behave like this? I cannot stand the sight of them. How do i deal with them? I am so dying to give them a piece of my mind.

Why they do this isn't necessary to know, it's more important to decide how to deal with them, such as simply ignoring them. DON"T give them a piece of your mind --- they'll never give it back again ; but you'll have gifted them with a marvellous fresh piece of gossip --- so don't please them so much. They'll get their come-uppance in time --- wait, and watch.

4
Posted by: Purple | 2005/07/01

everyone else will have noticed too. Generally bad behaviour exposes itself without you having to intervene and look like the meanie in the situation.

Remember that most people wont believe information from these people as they no doubt have a reputation already.

From your side, just never give them grounds to discuss you. Of course they still will, but they wont really come across as credible if your behaviour is always the opposite of what they are saying.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: SR | 2005/07/01

Monitor, Observe, Record, Expose, Stand back and watch the fireworks

Reply to SR
Posted by: Red | 2005/07/01

People like them r da ones with major personal problems n then they tend 2 focus on other peoples lifes to cover up what is happening in theirs. Just stay away from them.

Reply to Red
Posted by: Buzz | 2005/07/01

You should pity them, their lives are so empty. This type of person will hang herself given enough time and rope.

Reply to Buzz