Question
Posted by: Curious | 2003/03/26

GORD operation

About a year ago I had been (correctly) diagnosed with GORD. I have actually suffered from this condition for many years. (I am 53 years old). I underwent the standard endoscopical operation to improve the situation and, after the first two months of discomfort, I was very pleased with the results. Today I can eat almost anything I want. My question is: how permanent is the operation, because I now sometimes get a burning sensation in my lower oesophagus, usually 6 hours or more after a meal.

Curious, I rarely see someone where the hernia becomes symptomatic again. You have to remember that if you have a stomach ulcer you might have the same symptoms and the operation doesn’t prevent ulcers. The best would be to see your doctor if the symptoms persist.