Question
Posted by: Mindful | 2005/11/30

Goodbye Blue eyes

For an intelligent person, sometimes I can be so stupid. I've put you in the uncomfotable position of letting me down easy, (sorry, I didn't get it, and irritated you with my naiive and childish attempts to keep your attention).
I'm supposed to tell myself that I'm not the one losing something here, but I still feel hurt and rejected, and the tears do come readily at thinking of our brief time together. I don't know what I did wrong! You suddenly became so busy.

You're the one that told me not to build walls. I showed you my moat. You burned it down. Now no one can come in...

Sometimes, what we need are walls, with large doors in them, and wise control over when these open and shut

5
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

People take the granting of feelings way to lightly. It's amazing how much pain we can inflict on others through rejection. I'm sorry you are feeling this pain as I know it to be the worst pain imaginable. Seek comfort in friends and loved ones, keep busy, cry when you need to and be patient s time heals you. You will mend. Try not to contact him again as this will only confuse you more and cause you more pain. Give yourself space and let time do the rest. God bless.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Paul | 2005/11/30

Im still not sure how I got what I have now,

Walls have been my friend too.

Its crap that you get starved for so long, then you get the glimmer - only long enough to breed some hope.

Loss hurts more if there was hope you know, then it gets taken away and you are left where you were before, only worse for wear.

But somewhere something for me changed, and now things are ok, your story lends to remind me of where I come from, let mine remind you of where you are going.

Be strong and hang in there.

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Nicolai | 2005/11/30

strange how that works.....people tell you to let your walls don, trust them, that they love you blah blah blah. Walls are good!! They give us boundaries, and our own emotional space, so when they leave or you break up - you have something left for yourself.

Don't feel bad trusting this person. Wasn't your fault that they turned out a bad apple. I'm sure thing will get better - as they inevitably always do. Hey and at leat you can give love to someone who deserves and cherishes it.

Reply to Nicolai
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/30

So sorry Mindful.... your pain is so evident... hang in there!!

Reply to ...
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/11/30

Is this a cry for help, or meant for someone on this forum to read?

Reply to Frusty