Question
Posted by: Gee | 2002/12/10

Good protein shakes???

Please could anyone recommend a good protein shake/s... I have read the body for life book and they recommend Myoplex, but this is to expensive for my budget.
Is there any other cheaper and good products out there?

Hi Gee

As far as I am concerned, you can probably get all the protein you need from food substances rather than buying expensive shakes. I recommend you see a dietician to optimise your diet - since this is your easiest, cheapest and most sustainable option.

Also write to Dietdoc on protein recommendations.

Good luck.

2
Posted by: Paloeka | 2003/01/11

I really, really do not like the taste of EASs' simply protein (the cheapest EAS shake), but I guess they are the best - and cheaper than Myoplex. USNs' pure protein tastes alot better and costs about the same - I'm just not sure about the quality of their product.

I buy a big tub of EAS Simply Protein and mix it with cold water. I then gulp it down as fast as possible, without breathing - followed by a BIG glass of water! It still works out cheaper than tuna, but a bit more expensive than 6 egg whites. Yuck!

Reply to Paloeka
Posted by: Taffin | 2002/12/18

Why not try the EAS Results MRP

Or take EAS Simply Protein with a half a sachet of Myoplex.

There are many ways to skin the cat.

Fitness Doc: You are assuming that people eat correctly to get protein. Do you have time to prepare every meal? Shakes are just a convenient way, "Fast food for the 21st Centuary"

Reply to Taffin