Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2007/05/03

Good posture

Is it important to keep your back straight while sleeping to maintain good posture? I have a family history of curved upper back and I am worried that if I sleep in a semi-foetal position with a slightly curved back that it may exacerbate bad posture, can it?

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Comfort is probably our key word in sleeping - however it is important to sleep as posturally correct as possible. The foetal position is not harmful, provided you are not sagging towards your sides as with a mattress that is not supporting correctly. A good "pocket spring" mattress is perhaps the best for you.