Question
Posted by: coenraad | 2007/05/21

Good diet to add lean muscle?

Is this diet sufficient to add lean muscle mass:
Breakfast 1 - 80g Oats(Raw) + 30g Whey protein + 250 ml milk
Breakfast 2 - 50g Pronutro + 30g Whey protein
Snack 1 - Apple
Snack 2 - 25g Peanuts + 25 + Sunflower seeds + 3 Provitas
Snack 3 - 100g Yoghurt
Lunch 1 - 150g Brown rice + 100g Ostrich mince + 50g Beef mince + 50g mixed veggies
Lunch 2 - 2 slices wholewheat bread + 50g tuna
Snack 4 - 100g Yoghart
Pre-exercise - 30g Whey protein
Post-exercise - 50g Pure protein + 100ml Energade (syrup)
Supper - 100g Carrots + 100 Spinach + 50g Brown rice + 100g Meat
Snack 5 - 50g tuna + 16g Flaxseeds

The ratio of the food is as follow : carbs / protein / fat / fibre / sodium - 45% / 36% / 10% / 7% / 2%

I weight 75kg is 1.85m tall with a bodyfat percentage of below 10% and would like to add between 5kg an 10kg of lean muscle mass.

I exercise with weights 3 times per week and do 2 * 30min cardio workouts.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Coenraad

Im impressed with the details reflected in your diet. I calculated you to need about 2 700 calories per day – please check your intake to that and if your ratios mentioned remains the same it is a good ratio, except that your fat intake it too low – increase that to 20% of the 2 700 calories. This is a good starting point for muscle gain. Should you not see sufficient results in muscle gains increase the calories at 100-200 calories per day additional until such time as your body responds. The caluculations are merely indications and as every body is unique in its metabolism we need to do the twigging from there on ourselves. Your food selections are great – add a bit more veggies and a fruit or two.

Well done and good luck!
Vanessa

2
Posted by: fat% | 2007/07/06

I would like to increase my body fat%, I went on a high protein, carb diet and are using 5XL Muscle meal from Evox. My eatingplan: Breakfast: 2 packs oat so easy with a bit of sugar,4eggs mixed with 20g muscle meal and 250ml full cream milk and 250ml water and a fruit juice. Snack 125g tuna on a slice of low Gi bread, Lunch 120g lean meat, chicken or fish, a potato/rice and 150g veggies (no sugar just cooked)and fruit juice, Snack meal replacement muscle meal, Dinner 120g lean meat, chicken or fish, 150g veggies, potato/ rice and fruit juice
Can someone tell me if my eating plan is correct for a guy, i am on this eatingplan for the past 3weeks, picked up a few kg's but lost 4% body fat i am currently on 8% and don't want to go lower. Am i eating the right amount of carbs, protein,dairy and fruit, what else can i do, must i drink more full cream milk, maybe sugar stuff like milo and biscuits or what, i would appreciate the help. My metabolism is very quickly, and i train 4-5 days a week. Maybe an example of what i can eat? Thanks

Reply to fat%
Posted by: coenraad | 2007/05/21

Sorry I forgot to add that I'm 25years old.

One last question, do you work with the nutritional value of the raw product or with the nutritional value of the product once cooked.

Reply to coenraad