Question
Posted by: Bertus | 2004/11/23

Good diet for clear skin

Hi.
Can you please tell me what sort of diet must i use to have clear skin,i know that has to do alot with your diet.I dont eat vegtables at all,well mybe the odd carrot and patato.I am thin aswell and will like to get some more body on me.
Please help

Dear Bertus
If you read an article I published awhile ago on this subject, then you will know that acne is not replaced to diet esp if your are thin (this means that you don't have insulin resistance). If you suffer from acne or pimples, etc, you should consult a Dermatologist as these conditions are caused by hormone imbalances and can be treated most successfully.
If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Fresenius Kabi have a supplement called Fresubin (with or without fibre) that can assist with this problem. Phone Magda on (011) 203-2000 or 083-603-2231 and ask her about this and other Nutritional Supplements.