Question
Posted by: robar | 2006/04/05

good cramps and bad cramps

If you are a few weeks pregnant how do you distinguish between normal cramps and bad cramps??

It sounds like you can wait for your check-up on Monday.

3
Posted by: liz | 2006/04/06

Hi Robar

The bloated feeling is normal, its only if you get those numbing achey cramps like bad period pains that you need worry. The risky stage is generally the first 12 weeks, Then things are a bit more plain sailing.
Take your folic acid and a preggy vitamin (Pregnavit is good) and Good Luck!!!!

Reply to liz
Posted by: robar | 2006/04/05

Hi Liz

It's hard to say because I never suffered from period pains.This feels more like a bloated feeling where I can't pull my tummy in.

I am going for my first check on Monday, I will be 5 weeks (counting LMP).

What do you think? Last month I was pregnant but at day 33 I started spotting which eventually lead to a miscarriage on day 35. When I went to Gynae that Monday he checked and test was negative and there was nothing in the uterus.

So understandably I am quite nervous. When will the risky stage be over?

Well it's nice chatting to someone, I haven't told hubby yet as last month we were disappointed.

Thanks for listening.

Reply to robar
Posted by: liz | 2006/04/05

My gynae told me that cramping ie. period type cramps is bad news, but stretching pains are normal, they are not a nagging grinding pain.

Reply to liz