Question
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/28

Gonna slap MY Porra,like his mother use to....

I got this email/poem and I thought it's so true...maybe I should use it ?

He didn't like the casserole
And he didn't like my cake.
My biscuits were too hard...

Not like his mother used to make.

I didn't perk the coffee right
He didn't like the stew,
I didn't mend his socks

The way his mother used to do.

I pondered for an answer
I was looking for a clue.
Then I turned around and smacked him...

Like his Mother used to do.

Hee hee - ek dink dis baie snaaks! Miskien moet ek dit met die hele familie doen en dan eet hulle my boerekos? hee hee

CS - GOOD ONE ON YOU FOR DELETING THAT POST - ONCE AGAIN YOU ROCK!

,,,,,

14
Posted by: ? | 2005/11/28

as far as i can see cp mom uses it, not as some of you think in an offensive way but rather as an endearment> just like you might call your partner peanut or whatever you guys use. I'm sure if you look at what you call them you could figure out something offensive to go with it :)

CP mom.. loved the poem... lol.. its brilliant!

Reply to ?
Posted by: Y | 2005/11/28

JEALOUSY

Reply to Y
Posted by: Why | 2005/11/28

i am new to this forum and I cant understand why is there so many people that are so rude to CP Mom? Whenever there is a posting of her there is so many rude remarks towards her. I personally never saw her being rude to other people but she get slammed the whole time. Is there a reason for this or is it just plain bitchiness???

Reply to Why
Posted by: Lois_Lane | 2005/11/28

CP MOM, i think it is wonderful the way you speak about YOUR Porra and children, there is a lot of love there..... hehehe, i am not referring to the poem LOL.

Reply to Lois_Lane
Posted by: Stoopid | 2005/11/28

P.S. Yep, I connected the dots and figured that one out all by myself. Using a word like that in a negative context would not be acceptable by anyone I know so its fairly easy to see why I have never heard it before.

Reply to Stoopid
Posted by: Stoopid | 2005/11/28

Thank you for being an intelligent adult and for taking the time to answer my question Tammy :) Now I know why its not a part of my vocab and Ill be keeping it that way.

Reply to Stoopid
Posted by: Um... | 2005/11/28

Porra is a derogatory offensive term for a portuguese person

Reply to Um...
Posted by: Tammy | 2005/11/28

Stoopid - its some historic referral to "men". There is a nice story behind it, which involves a ship and some sails, but nothing to write about really.
Now its just become an annoying nickname for the man in CP Moms life.

Reply to Tammy
Posted by: Stoopid | 2005/11/28

Thank you for being so helpful and kind Dove, Im really glad I asked. I have never heard the word being used by my family or social circle thats why I asked in the first place.

Reply to Stoopid
Posted by: Dove | 2005/11/28

Stoopid - wher have you been for the last 50 years or so.

Reply to Dove
Posted by: Stoopid | 2005/11/28

Please excuse my ignorance, but what on earth is a porra? I have never heard that word used before and its not in the dictionary. (checked first before asking)

Reply to Stoopid
Posted by: ... | 2005/11/28

when i read the title of your post I thought "what the hell has this man done now" ...lol... whew!!

Reply to ...
Posted by: CP Mom | 2005/11/28

Dearest Tammy

If you had a bit more brains than the average plant you'd see that I call him MY porra.
Love Mom

Reply to CP Mom
Posted by: Tammy | 2005/11/28

Oh, here is that bloody porra word again!
I suppose its not as bad as "CLICK"

Reply to Tammy