Question
Posted by: SMS Queen | 2005/11/23

Going to stab someone in the back!

I've got this 21year old who's working here and he's the Stores Manager because he's a friend of a friend of a friend of one of the directors.

Well I've just had enough of his inability to function. He's always making rude comments about the "old people" who work here who "loses documentation" like grn's ect. This morning again. I've never complained about him because I know it's his first job and I dont want to bring him into trouble.

Just this morning on my desk I've got enough ammo re: incomplete grn's, no stock codes etc to prove to management that he's not doing his job.

Do I just sit here as usual and swallow it or do I go when we have a meeting today with him and the other storemen regarding the stock take and say this is why our stock counts are so wrong ?

Complaining where there is ral cause for grievance may help the cocky little boy to learn some common sense and good manenrs--- surely to his benefit ! What's the value of just swallowing it ?
Keep copies, in a safe place, of all his incomplete and error-ridden documentation, so that if he does change it, his deception will be obvious. Wouldnt it be practical to go to HIS boss / supervisor and discuss this as an atempt to help him learn to be humble and efficient rather than seeming to want to get him into trouble ? Isn't it obscene that a lazy and cocky guy klike him HAS such a job, and someone like funkyheart's husband doesn't ?

7
Posted by: Funkyheart | 2005/11/23

If you are looking for someone to take over from him my Hubby is a warehouse manager and is very hard working and the company that offered him the job turned around after he started there saying its only a contract position, so now he is without a job and im battling to put food on the table as my income only just covers our rent. I had to take my daughter out of school too. Let me know if you need someone

Reply to Funkyheart
Posted by: Parabola | 2005/11/23

Survival of the fittest. He is losing you money. Drop the useless git.

Reply to Parabola
Posted by: Delene | 2005/11/23

People should do their job properly.

If he doesnt wanna listen to you, go to manager. Why not.
Is a business afterall, not a charity organization...he gets paid to do things...he MUST do it. finish & klaar.

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Jemma | 2005/11/23

I think that is why you have meetings. To address problems. And if you have a problem with his work then you must mention it at the meeting and sort it out. Don't attack him personally, but the work he does. It sounds like you gave him enough chances to do it correctly, so now you must take it a step further because it's obvious that he does not care what you say.

Good luck.

Reply to Jemma
Posted by: Tango | 2005/11/23

Can you just keep giving them back to him to re do? Hopefully he will eventually get tired of doing his work over double. Otherwise you may just have to go a rung up to his or your manager / supervisor. (I may need that knife later!)

Reply to Tango
Posted by: SMS Queen | 2005/11/23

I have then he puts the code's in and tomorrow the same story! (taking out the knife again)

Reply to SMS Queen
Posted by: Tango | 2005/11/23

Go and speak to him directly and tell him that his comments are offensive and he will stop them and kindly, if possible, show him the errors in his own work. Then offer him all the help he needs to not do it again! That should shut him up for good!! ( Hide knife!!)

Reply to Tango