Posted by: tears | 2008/10/02

going to loose it very soon

Hi Doc,

I feel as if i' m going to loose it very very soon. I don' t knowif it is all the circumstances of the past 2 years that is taking it' s toll now.

Had a baby, moved, had very bad financial problems.

My 19th month old baby doesn' t want anything to do with me. She doesn' t want to leave her father. At night when she wakes she gets out of her bed and run to our room and if he stands up then she cries. She has been in hospital for 7 times since birth.

I had posnatal depression about 2 months after her birth i started with treatment but just stoped after a week on the anti-depressants.

The past two months I have gained so much weight, eat everything that I see, cry have mood swings and at this stage I feel as if i' m going to loose it with everything and everyone around me!

You've had a lot of stresses and troubles on your plate, and there's probably a degree of PND, Post-Natal Depression adding to it --- you never took proper treatment for that, and maybe it's catching up on you now. The child has been in hospital so often --- I wonder what the problem has been to lead to this. But that can disrupt her forming relationships with her parents, and a depressed mother is harder to bond with than a more cheerful mom. DO, please, see a local psychiatrist if possible, or at least a good local GP, for a prper assessment and treatment of this dep[ression, preferably with medication and CBT type counselling