Question
Posted by: lesedy | 2003/12/02

going to gym at 21 weeks and drinking liquid paraffin daily

i used to attend the gym, but stopped 2 months before my pregnancy. is it safe to return to the gym at 21 weeks. my gynae said it was fine but by then i was only 10 weeks preggies.

also, i walk to and from work +-4 kilometres (40 minutes walk) on a daily basis. i used to walk long distances before i fell pregnant. is this safe?

finally is it safe to drink liquid paraffin daily as my aunt suggested. she says its good for constipation and that it makes the baby slippery, especially when i give birth.
please help

It is fine to go to gym ad to do the 40 minute walk, so long as you do not do anything too strenuous. The things to guard against are getting too hot, as the fetus is not able to regulate it's temperature, and avoid pushing your pulse rate up too high.
I don't think that the liquid paraffin is a good idea. If you are constipated, try eating more fruit, vegetables and bran or use a light laxative such as Senokot.

2
Posted by: EnglishRose | 2015/03/25

liquid Paraffin IS a light laxative........ In very small amounts its fine.

Reply to EnglishRose
Posted by: 28 weeks | 2003/12/02

I seriously don't think you should be listening to your aunt abuot drinking liquid paraffin. Please consult with the Dr yes.

Reply to 28 weeks