Question
Posted by: Gymbunny | 2004/11/24

Going to gym

I had a miscarriage in April due to a chromosome defect. I then started going to gym and at the moment I spend about two hours a day, 5 days a week in gym. We decided to try again to conceive.

Can I continue with my strict training routine?

I agree with Golly. When you fall pregnant, you will have to tone down your routine.

4
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/25

I stopped my training when I fell pregnant, But I've have read that you can continue training but not at the same intensity and you have to watch your heart rate. Also non-imapct traing like swimming and cycling is better. My stopping was out of personal choice because I did not want to take any chances. I'll start again when I've given birth.

Reply to Jj@
Posted by: Gymbunny | 2004/11/24

Will I be able to continue going to gym as I am doing at the moment if I do fall pregnant?

Reply to Gymbunny
Posted by: Jj@ | 2004/11/24

I used to run marathons and fell pregnant soon after running Two Oceans Ultra. I don't think training has an impact on TTC. Good luck.

Reply to Jj@
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/24

A very streneous exercise regime may impact your cycles. If your period and cycle lenght are the same as before you started gym, it should not have an effect. If your periods have changed it may be due to the exercise and you may need to tone it down a bit.

I have a friend who struggled to fall pregnant for 7 years and when it finally happended she said that "if the embrio was meant to stick, it will stick whatever you do".

Good luck ttc'ing!

Reply to Golly