Posted by: stormy | 2008/10/13

going on the pill-advice plz ladies

hi doc. i am 20 yrs old and overweight i had a miscarriage in feb i was 10 weeks at the time. i would like to go on the pill i am going to go to a goverment clinic on friday to enquiry abt this.can you plz tell me what to expect will they need to do a physical check up? and also my husband would like to speak to a doc regarding side effects would this be possible?

thank you for taking the time to respond

If you are going to a Family Planning clinic, you would see a sister who would take a basic history and possibly do a pap smear. You would not see a doctor. There is extensive information on side effects in the pamphlets that go with the pack. Remember that side effects differ from person to person.