Question
Posted by: B | 2007/03/19

Going off the Pill

I have decided to go off the pill after 4 years. I just finished my period 2 days ago and stopped the pill yesterday (18 March) Will my period start again now? My Husband and I would like to start trying to have a baby toward the end of this year. So I'd just like to get the pill out of my system first. How long does this usually take?
Please advise.

See answer to your previous posting.

3
Posted by: B | 2007/03/19

Thank you very much for the replies - much appreciated.

Reply to B
Posted by: Maya | 2007/03/19

You may start a bleed again if you took any of the hormone pills after your period. If not then your cycle will take about 3 months to regulate. M is correct start taking folic acid now, you may fall pregnant straight away or it could take a little longer than 3 months. The average healthy couple can take up to a year to conceive:)

Reply to Maya
Posted by: M | 2007/03/19

Normally about 3 months - I fell pregs in month 2 though so everyone is different. I suggest you start folic acid straight away. Good luck

Reply to M