Question
Posted by: Anon. | 2007/06/20

Going off the injection

I've been on the injection (3 month injection) for 8 years. My husband and I would like to try for a baby. I've been advised to go onto the pill to try and bring my periods back quicker. I've also been advised that this will take about 3 months. Is this time frame to start receiving my periods again, correct?? Once I start receiving it, should I wait about 3 months before leaving the pill or should I stay on the pill a bit longer before trying for a baby??

The time till your periods return is unpredictable. If you do take the Pill, you can stop as soon as your periods are regular.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/21

Normally after the injection it takes about a year for ur periods to return. I have heard of the pill helping to regulate your cycle again i would give it at least 3 months on the pill and see what happens with your periods returning.

Reply to Dee