Question
Posted by: Didi | 2008/01/23

Going mad?!

I am a single mom who's desperately trying to sort her head out.I am in a relationship with the father of my son, and in love with another man who makes me feel so loved and treats both me and my son with the utmost respect!
I see my son's dad once a week, and alot of the time we arguing and i swear to my self that the next time i see him i will leave him. I send him e-mails and smses telin him that i want to leave him as i dont see this relationship working out.
My problem comes in when i do see him i completely lose focus and fall for every manipulative word that comes out of his mouth. He cheats on me and makes empty promises and i dont trust him at all, but i keep falling for his crap everytime.

I know that he will never change no matter how much he swears he will.....but why can i NOT let go?

Can anyone please advise me on wat to do.......? PLEASE!

Well, you're not going mad, even if at times it may feel like that. Sounds like you really need to see a good local counsellor to sort out more clearly what you actually want and how to get there from here. A good counsellor, especially of the CBT form, could improve your self-defence system against his crap. His swearing that he will change is totally meaningless, especially as h has so conspicuously failed to change. If he were sincere, he would be seeing a marriage counsellor with you and actively be trying to change